Renegades of the FBI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCIS - any fans here? *some spoilers including season 9*

3 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

NCIS - any fans here? *some spoilers including season 9* Empty NCIS - any fans here? *some spoilers including season 9*

Post by Enigmatic Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Anyone else like this show? I find that it's just good fun and entertaining...much prefer it to CSI. Season 9 starts on FX soon. Can't wait.

Last edited by Enigmatic on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Enigmatic
Enigmatic
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

NCIS - any fans here? *some spoilers including season 9* Empty Re: NCIS - any fans here? *some spoilers including season 9*

Post by Madame Spooky Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:36 am

oh hell yes! I LOVE NCIS!!! It's probably one the only show that hasn't gone bad yet and they're on season 9! I am not a huge fan of Ziva, liked Kate more, but I enjoy the banter between her and Tony (Not a shipper!), I love the friendship between Tony and Gibbs (a bit of a slash shipper here Razz) and I adore Ducky Very Happy Season 9 is great so far Smile
Madame Spooky
Madame Spooky
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

http://renegadesfbi.uuuq.com

Back to top Go down

NCIS - any fans here? *some spoilers including season 9* Empty Re: NCIS - any fans here? *some spoilers including season 9*

Post by Enigmatic Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:44 am

I think a lot of people feel that way about Ziva. I don't mind her and her language screw ups, but I think sometimes her assassin/spy thing is a little overdone. Ducky's great! I missed a few of season 7, so I need to catch up. It gets huge ratings.
Enigmatic
Enigmatic
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Madame Spooky Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:46 pm

I like Ziva's language mistakes too, most of them are really funny (just re-watched s7 'Outlaws and In-laws' - "We've been asked to sit on a baby" LOL) but sometimes they are a bit irritating. I mean how long has she been in the US now?! Even I know most of those things, so is she really that stupid or does she do it on purpose?

I'm also irritated sometimes by the way everyone treats Tony. I get that he's supposed to be the 'class clown' but that is no reason to dismiss him and his ideas like they don't matter, he's proven himself over and over again and even McGee sometimes treats Tony like someone who's below him.

Abby - she's getting weirder and weirder every season and I am not sure that's a good thing. I loved her in the first two seasons, but lately she's just a bit too weird.

I miss Kate, I loved her brother/sister relationship with Tony, it was much more natural than whatever is going on between Tony and Ziva and I would like to know why there are so many 'Tiva' shippers out there.

There's a new episode airing tonight in the States, I can't wait to watch it Smile

Are you watching NCIS: LA? I tried a couple of episodes, but didn't like it very much.
Madame Spooky
Madame Spooky
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigmatic Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:25 pm

Yes, I would agree with that. Tony is a damn fine investigator. I think re Ziva and language, it's just an easy way to throw in some humour - as you say, she's been in the US a very long time now. Easy writing. Abby, I've mixed feelings on her, to be honest. Sometimes like her, but early on I found her very fingernails against the blackboard...

No, I've not watched the spin-off. 'Starring Chris O' Donnell' doesn't inspire confidence. Wink

The thing about the show is that the cases are largely just a structure for everything else to hang on, but it's quite a character driven show, which I like. I do wish they'd sometimes push the drama a little harder and not just have it be temporary or then suddenly lightened by humour. You know in season 2 (I think) with the quarantine situation, I wish they'd played that a bit more dramatically. I know Tony's funny, but still. I really liked a scene near the end of s6 where there's a tense moment between Ziva and Tony. Here it is -

Spoiler:

I wish the show did this a little more because it's more about who these people are. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of other drama, but it's fairly standard procedural stuff e.g., confronting someone in an interrogation room, etc, but more scenes like above would be good. Not all conflict, just something to get your teeth into. To be fair, in the later years they seem to have concentrated on developing arcs such as the P2P storyline.

I've watched it all a bit backwards. One of the channels here showed 3, then 5 and 6, now they're showing 5 again. They never showed 4, but I caught it and the others on FX, which repeats things often enough. One of the channels here uses a scene for a promo, I've never seen it. It involves being in a sniper suit, I hope it's in season 7, otherwise I don't recognise it at all. Will have 7 on my computer soon, so no spoilers, though I'm OK for 8 as I've seen it.

Also, I love the Fornell/Gibbs relationship - fucking hilarious. Mark Harmon is 60! Shocked
Enigmatic
Enigmatic
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Madame Spooky Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:30 pm

Are you talking about Gibbs in a sniper suit? Yeah, that's season 7, first episode I believe Very Happy

And I know what you're talking abour re drama. There are a few of those scenes, but not enough, especially not involving Tony (though season 4 was good for Tony and drama). But I like SWAK (the plague one, that's the one you meant?), it's one of my favourite episodes and I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Besides, I guess that's what NCIS is really about, the humour and the drama together. I don't really like it when there's too much drama and there's been a few episodes like that. One scene in the P2P storyline had me seriously freaked out and that was so not cool Wink

And yes, Fornell and Gibbs - they are great! I especially love the scenes where they pretend to yell at each other untill they get to the elevator Razz
Madame Spooky
Madame Spooky
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigmatic Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:45 pm

Yeah, just watched the first episode of season 7. Smile Very Tony-centric.

What about the P2P freaked you out?
Enigmatic
Enigmatic
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Madame Spooky Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:42 am

The damned doll in the alley.... Wink

Season 7 is one of the best in my opinion, very Gibbs centric in general Very Happy
Madame Spooky
Madame Spooky
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigmatic Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:32 pm

Hmm, I don't remember that bit!

Will try to fit in another episode tonight.
Enigmatic
Enigmatic
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Madame Spooky Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:59 am

Last night's episode was good, but you need to catch up because I need to vent a bit and the majority of NCIS fans I know are 'Tiva' shippers so I can't rant to them about what I need to rant about Wink
Madame Spooky
Madame Spooky
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigmatic Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:12 am

9 is starting on TV on the 13th, so it will take me a while to catch up.

Are most people Tiva shippers? Why not rant at them, would they bite back? Shocked
Enigmatic
Enigmatic
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Madame Spooky Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:27 am

They're sort of like MSR shippers in XF fandom, there's a lot of them and get very overprotective and agressive if someone is disagreeing with their views on Tiva or, god forbid, likes other ships (Tiva dn Abby/McGee are the most popular ones, so forget about shipping those people with someone else).

When I started watching NCIS, I was a bit of a Gibbs/Abby shipper, but stopped voicing my views on the subject after reading some very rude comments like 'it's sick' or 'they're practically father/daughter' (that aspect of the relationship was forced on the viewers in season 7 when Abby said to Gibbs 'tell me how much you love me, how much I've been like a daughter to you' - and it pisses me off, because when you watch the flirting that goes on between those two in season 1 and then they go into 'father/daughter' stuff - that's not sick?!)

I also kinda feel sorry for Tony/Kate shippers, while I never really saw them together as a couple, some people did and yes, she is dead, but comments like 'well, Kate is dead, so Tony can't date a corpse so just forget it' and mostly said by Tiva shippers are really discouraging any kind of discussions of other possibilities.

As I said earlier, I am a bit of a Tony/Gibbs shipper, but with that kind of show and with all the Tiva shippers out there, I doubt very much the writers would even think of this possibility. And I keep quiet on NCIS forums, because I just don't want to start a pointless fight with the Tiva deffenders.

Can't you just download the damned episodes?!?!?!? I don't want to wait!!! Wink Feel free to discuss other episodes from earlier seasons, I think I've seen each episode at least a dozen times Very Happy (already have s1-5 on DVD Very Happy)
Madame Spooky
Madame Spooky
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigmatic Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:00 pm

I know what you mean about those fans.

With Abby, what bothers me is how young they try to portray her as - the actress is what, 40+ and Abby's supposed be...I don't know, 20 something, though maybe not now after almost 10 years. I don't mean in a creepy way and know people often play above or below their actual age, but then, is anyone's age mentioned on the show? Anyway, I don't see her and Gibbs as daughter/father, just sometimes the whole goth thing is a bit much and it kind of limits her character whereas McGee's geekdom doesn't really limit his, imo.

I do wish they'd give one of the characters some sort of personal problem (not relationship related!), just to see how it plays. Yeah, it's been done 100s times before and maybe this show is too light-hearted for it. I can't really remember if NCIS has done it, do you remember? Gibbs had his wife and daughter backstory, I suppose.

Second episode of season 7 - Gibbs got angry here, on a personal level, not a work one...that was with Ziva. Even Abby got angry with her, but again it was short-lived.

Re season 8, it's a shame that there'll be
Spoiler:

Also, Michael Weatherly is the international rep for the show, which is pretty cool, though how he has the time..I don't know. It's one of the few shows to maintain more or less the same cast for so long, pretty rare.

I haven't see the introductory episodes, (pre-pilot things) with JAG, have you? I've watched a bit of JAG now and then. Catherine Bell is all kinds of hot. Wink
Enigmatic
Enigmatic
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Madame Spooky Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:58 pm

I started NCIS with the JAG prequels, yes Wink Not a must, but worth it Very Happy

Hasn't Tony had a very hard time in season 4? His undercover mission and falling in love with a coman he was just supposed to use for an assigement. That was one interesting reason, dealing with Gibbs' come back and being demoted to Senior Field Agent from being a Team Leader, doing a secret assigement, having no one to talk to, instead of Jenny and she wasn't really the best person for that as it turned out.

You're gonna love season 7, especially towards the end Very Happy

And it looks like Abby might have some personal issues in the new season Smile
Madame Spooky
Madame Spooky
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigmatic Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:01 pm

Yeah, that was definitely a good story for Tony with the frog, etc. Going to watch 7x03 shortly.
Enigmatic
Enigmatic
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigmatic Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:52 am

Hmm, I recognise some of the episodes from season 7, maybe I have seen most of it before, just not the start and finish. I don't remember...

Last edited by Enigmatic on Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Enigmatic
Enigmatic
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Madame Spooky Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:28 am

It was one of the best seasons in my opinion, so maybe they are repeating it a lot?! Wink
Madame Spooky
Madame Spooky
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigmatic Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:41 am

Repeats of everything on FX and CBS Action. Season 9 starts next Friday.
Enigmatic
Enigmatic
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigmatic Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:02 pm

Is it worth joining an NCIS forum?

Probie Ziva, hah.
Enigmatic
Enigmatic
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Madame Spooky Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:58 am

I'm not really on a forum, but I'm quite active on Fanpop and NCIS club is one of my most visited ones there. But as much as I love it there, there's too many Tiva fans around.

Enig, just get the damned episodes, you're 13 behind and I really need to vent!
Madame Spooky
Madame Spooky
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigmatic Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:25 pm

Hehe

I am tempted, but I'd prefer not as there's lots I want to see coming out this year and I don't want to overload for the moment. Still have s7 to watch. Razz
Enigmatic
Enigmatic
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Madame Spooky Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:46 pm

angry get out shark
Madame Spooky
Madame Spooky
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigmatic Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:01 pm

Razz

I'll see how I go, one of my computers is still messed up, so I'll see.
Enigmatic
Enigmatic
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Madame Spooky Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:47 am

NCIS - any fans here? *some spoilers including season 9* Post-402-1157723848
Madame Spooky
Madame Spooky
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigmatic Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:10 am

Well, s9 starts on TV tonight. Very Happy
Enigmatic
Enigmatic
The Syndicate
The Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum